Where is your power?
The only constant is change. This is a wisdom taught in many spiritual traditions.
"Change happens when the pain of holding on becomes greater than the fear of letting go"
As this year comes to an end (hasn't it gone so fast?) and we embrace a brand spanking new one it seems appropriate and timely to reflect on how well we deal with change. Do you find yourself clinging to what you know in this moment and find yourself fearing the future? Or are you racing ahead, certain that better times, a better you, more important achievements, are just around the corner?
We literally allow ourselves to forgo the now and focus on what could have been and what might be.
In the Harry Potter series, Dumbledore, the mentor filled with wisdom, says to Harry that the happiest man alive would be able to look in the Mirror of Desire and see himself exactly as he is. Now that my friends, is living in the present.
Living in the present is like being a pro surfer: riding the wave of time, capturing the wave of your life, following the flow of energy, being in that wonderful state of balance, embracing the adventure, the moment and every little piece of excitement it brings.
So what keeps us from living in the present moment, you may ask yourself?
- Letting go of the past is a HUGE one for many.
- Trying to be something or someone that you are not.
- Forgetting that we are all perfectly imperfect and that we are still wanted, needed and loved regardless of what we believe or perceive to be shortcomings.
So what can we do to help ourselves return to center, to live in the NOW?
- Let go of being too attached to the material world (I know secretly you're singing a bit of Madonna at this point)and someone else’s vision of success or failure.
- Connect to the heart of you and your inner guidance.
- Let go of constantly trying to impress others or wanting/needing their approval.
- Follow your own dreams and what it is that brings you joy, regardless of what other people may say about it.
- Ask yourself what is really important in your life, in this moment and let go of the rest.
- Choose to live your life like one big huge adventure filled with happiness and love.
- Always remember that it is not what happens to you or fails to happen that is important, so much as how you respond to each situation.
- And the big one, which for some I know is easier said than done. Love and Respect your gorgeous self exactly as you are in this moment, because you are exactly where you are supposed to be.
Living from the core that balanced center of yours means not becoming too identified with this life. It is to remember you are an eternal soul all the while making the absolute best of whatever this life has to offer in all it's forms. It is to give yourself fully to your life in this moment yet at the same time allow yourself to trust, have faith and believe in yourself enough to go with the flow of life.
Once we are able to find that place of calm, that direct center, the eye in the storm so to speak, it is much easier to enjoy any wins, successes, fantastic opportunities without making them the center of the universe, massively important or trying to cling to them. It is also easier to deal with the storm that may be raging around you, the difficult times, because that place of calm also allows you the chance to discover the lessons, wisdom and growth they offer, knowing that this too will pass and that tomorrow is a brand new day.
Love and Warm Blessings
Rebecca Fox R.M.